Work experience and Careers
Welcome to our careers page. Please find information about how we inspire our pupils to think about their future careers from year 7 and how we use the Duke of Edinburgh award programme to support this.
We run a very effective careers programme, giving pupils plenty of chances to begin the process of thinking through where they may want to work and the steps, they will need to take to accomplish their goals.
Our aims are to provide high quality careers advice to all pupils - including pastoral support to pupils regardless of their ability, aspirations, strengths and skills.
8 Gatsby Benchmarks
There are 8 key areas that a school’s career provision must provide students with.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
National Careers Service
Further information about careers the National Careers Service provides a lot of information and resources. You can find out more here.
Freshsteps aim is to:
- support students in making informed decisions that are suitable and appropriate for them.
- provide students with different social and work experiences.
- develop attributes, social skills, communication, innovation, resilience and leadership which support high achieving students in the curriculum and their careers with our Dof E programme
- Encourage students to develop their goals.
- Support the transition to life beyond sixth form (apprenticeships, entrepreneurship, higher education and the workplace)